It is finished----Jesus----the Last Hope for this World

September/28/2007

Email:[email protected]

bar

[Return to: Web Site]

Attachments: 9/28/2007

[Printable] [Html]

It is Finished

We know that the High Priest is one who is a MEDIATOR or attempts to be a MEDIATOR between God and man. Every High Priest that is taken from among men is ordained for men in the things pertaining to God that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sin, and have compassion on the Ignorant, For that He Himself also is compassed with infirmity."

Rom8:3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

Now we are seeing a completely different kind of priest. "Seeing then that we have a Great High Priest that is passed into the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession."

Profession actually means confession.

Confession is to 'recognize' the accomplishment of this Great High Priest Jesus, because in the days of His flesh He suffered and offered up supplications, I.e. 

"My God if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me," almost crying in tears unto Him that was able to save Him from death. "He was heard in that He feared."

He was not afraid, but He did experience the same sense of alienation we all experience in our humanity, can you hear this, you who still have fear of what is going to happen after you die? In His humanity, Jesus also experienced that awful fear or anxiety about what is going to happen to Me when I die, can you hear this beloved, you are not alone. Jesus was tempted the same way as every one of us is tempted, and we all really want to live don't we?

Jesus destroyed the accuser the devil, the Satan that had the power of death, is no more and once you have been born again of the life-giving blood of the Lamb, we no longer fear anything that is no longer an issue in our experience.       

Hebrews 2:14-15 (MsgB)   Since the children are made of flesh and blood, it's logical that the Savior took on flesh and blood in order to rescue them by his death. By embracing death, taking it into himself, he destroyed the Devil's hold on death [15] and freed all who cower through life, scared to death of death.

Jesus knew He was the Son of God, because He had heard the voice saying, "This day have I begotten Thee, Thou art my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased," yet immediately He was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of His own sense of self-life--the desire to live.

signature

Tony  and Martha den Hartog.

PO BOX 215 EMERALD 3782
VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
Tel:  (61) 3-97553765

We are here to bless. However, If you do not wish to be on our mailing list please let us know. Love Tony.